Day10: Delete an automated check from your current check and share why you chose the one you deleted


Although the topic is about "Delete one automated check...", when I think about it, I just realise some checks could be deleted. 
In general, I'd delete some low-level risk of failure or fewer impact checks when doing automation tests, such as:
1, In the test of clicking on a button to open a drop-down menu and then choose an option from the menu, I'd delete the check of the drop-down menu.
2, In the test of navigating to some further page, I'd delete the check of the page navigated to if it's normally rarely failed.
3, similar to 2, in the test of acting with some pop-up windows, I'd delete the check that if the pop-up window is displayed. 

The reason why I'd delete them is that they are all low failure risk and impact checks, and even they fail the further test steps will fail, which means the failure can be caught. But if all these kind of checks are done every time, the whole test will consume quite a long time and then will result in a not very efficient testing. So I prefer to delete them.

0 comments:

Post a Comment